OLX-365 OPTI-LUX™ 365 Series
UV-A Inspection Flashlights
OPTI-LUX™ 365 Series inspection flashlights feature a powerful UV-A (365 nm) LED light source coupled with a rugged anodized lamp body. Lightweight and compact, they reduce user fatigue while providing an extremely uniform beam profile that surpasses those of more expensive lamps. Available in four models to suit your specific NDT needs: high-intensity or standard-intensity versions, each with or without an internal black light filter. All flashlights come with a certificate of compliance for both wavelength and output measurements.
- Choice of nominal steady-state UV-A intensity of 10,000 μW/cm2 or maximum of 4,500 μW/cm2 at 15 inches (38 cm)
- Coverage area up to 2.5 inch (6.3 cm) diameter at 15 inches (38 cm), with minimum UV-A intensity of 1,200 μW/cm2
- Anodized aluminum lamp body minimizes corrosion and stands up to years of heavy use
- Instant-on operation; lamp reaches full intensity immediately!
- Convenient on/off switch for easy, one-handed operation
- Powered by one rechargeable lithium-ion battery with an extra battery included with the lamp. Each provides 4 hours of continuous inspection between charges.
- Meets ASTM UV-A intensity and wavelength specifications for FPI and MPI
- Both high- and standard-intensity versions are available with internal black light filter. Externally mounted black light filter with rubber bumper can be purchased as an accessory.
- All models come with a certificate of compliance for both output and wavelength measurements
|OPTI-LUX 365 Series flashlights come complete with lanyard, belt holster, two rechargeable batteries, two-position smart charging cradle with AC power cord, DC cord set, UV-absorbing spectacles and padded carrying case.|
Two High-Intensity Models
OPTI-LUX™365 Series flashlights are available in two high-intensity models that are designed for NDT inspection applications requiring high UV-A output. The OLX-365 is equipped with a clear filter, while the OLX-365B comes
with an internal black light filter that reduces the output of wavelengths longer than 400 nm. Both versions provide a nominal steady-state UV-A intensity of 10,000 μW/cm2 at 15 inches (38 cm).
High-Intensity UV-A Beam Profile
Two Standard-Intensity Models
OPTI-LUX™ 365 flashlights are also available in two standard-intensity models that are designed for inspection applications requiring limited UV-A output. The OLX-365FL is equipped with a clear filter, while the OLX-365BFL comes with an internal black light filter that reduces the output of wavelengths longer than 400 nm. These lamps also offer a larger coverage area compared to high-intensity models. Both versions provide a nominal steady-state UV-A intensity of 4,500 μW/cm2 maximum at 15 inches (38 cm) to address aerospace industry concerns.
Standard-Intensity UV-A Beam Profile
Normalized UV Irradiance
Typical wavelength output profile of OPTI-LUX™ 365
with and without internal black light filter, with peak at 365 nm.
Select Wavelengths With and Without Internal Black Light Filter
As the wavelength of the OPTI-LUX™ 365 moves into the visible light range, the black light
filter significantly reduces the UV-A output of the lamp by as much as 50% at 400 nm.
OPTI-LUX™ 365 flashlight with
BF-365LX external black light
Diameter of UV-A
2 inch (5.0 cm)
2 inch (5.0 cm)
2.5 inch (6.3 cm)
2.5 inch (6.3 cm)
Lamp Head Diameter:
1.25 in (3.2 cm)
5.9 in (15 cm)
4.6 oz (130 g)
One 3.7V 2200mA/Hr lithium-ion battery (rechargeable)
4 hours (continuous)
4 hours (one or two batteries)
Two-battery capability with AC and DC cord sets.
➀All UV-A intensity readings taken with Spectroline® AccuMAX™ Series meter, and
|128217||Battery Charging Cradle with AC Cord (100-120V/50-60Hz)|
|127568||Rechargeable, Lithium-ion Battery|
|127796||Rubber Lamp Protector|
|128225||DC Cord Set|
|BF-365LX||External black light filter with rubber bumper|
|CC-365||Hard Carrying Case|